August 2016 V8 I8

"Happy House" #8 in the Village Home Series from Stitchers' Village Designs
by Beth Seal of Summer House Stitche Workes

I must apologize for my tardiness. It is, in part due to a little bit of distraction with things going on in life. My now retired husband and I spent a few days in Beaver Bay, MN last week. The weather was beautiful and we walked in a couple of the state parks there, relaxed, and drove around the area. We also had some great food in the Rustic Inn and the Vanilla Bean in Two Harbors, My Sister’s Place in Grand Marais, and the Northwoods Family Grille in Silver Bay. Did I mention the pie at the Rustic Inn? Too many choices. I had the Northwoods Berry. We had a great time. 

I have come to realize that sometimes I “worry” about something, sub-consciously, and become distracted without knowing until it is resolved. Our youngest daughter had her first baby yesterday. Both she and her new baby girl are heathy. I did not realize until the baby was delivered, though, just how this was on my mind. But the relief is very clear and I feel much lighter and able to get to work. Our middle daughter is scheduled to deliver her second on August 27. I will try to keep my mind focused until her daughter is born. 

The first Collective Stitch event is coming to an end in another week. I hope that this has been a success for the shops involved. I am sure all my Village friends, who were able, visited the participating shops. I thank you all for your support. The theme for 2017 is “A Postcard From. . .”. I thought that a stitch-able postcard from different shops would be a great project. I anticipate some designs being shop oriented or created with the location of the shop in mind. The shop sign up has begun! All of the sign ups, so far, are new. Let your LNS know and encourage them to join in! 

DH is officially home full time. He will be accompanying me to the Needlework Galleria and Spirit of Cross Stitch - both retail shows happening in October 2016!! I look forward to seeing you!!

Beth Seal of Summer House Stitche Workes is our featured designer this month. Visit the designer webiste. http://www.summerhousestitcheworkes.com/ and here is here blog: http://summerhousestitcheworkes.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts