May 2017 V9 I5

"Frost on the Pumpkin" by The Thread Gatherer
is one of the Collective Stitch Designs

May is bloom, bloom, blooming here on TSV! I remember when I was a child and we would make May baskets in school. I don’t remember exactly, but it seems that we hung them on doors, rang the bell, and ran - leaving a pleasant surprise for the recipient. I have put together a “May Blooms” activity page click here. I really enjoy doing these and wish my composition could keep up with my inspiration. There are only so many hours in the day, however, and, as a procrastinator, mine can get pretty full!! 

The 2017 Collective Stitch begins June 1 and has a theme of “A Postcard From. . .” The designs have mostly arrived - there may be one or two I expect to arrive tomorrow - and I have been busily putting them into uniform format for sending to the participating shops. I have found the key to be the use of bolder symbols and to make an effort to have the symbols contrast for easier reading. If you plan to travel this Summer, you may wish to make a list of any of the participating shops and stop in for the designs. They are a very nice selection and I think you will be pleased. If your local needlework shop is not participating, please invite them to start thinking about next year. The 2018 theme will be “Winter”. The shops will need to find a designer to work with and it is best to start early as their design schedules can fill quickly. Watch next month’s newsletter for a postcard from the Village to kick off the event which runs June 1 through August 31! 

I must apologize for the instability of the chat module in The Stitchers’ Village community. The web hosting company has spent time trying to troubleshoot the problem, but it is not yet resolved. Therefore, bingo will not be held until we can find a solution. Many thanks to Wendy for her patience and continued hosting of the Wednesday afternoon chats. It seems they are somewhat successful for about 15 minutes and then the module acts up. Again, I am trying to find a solution.

The Thread Gatherer is the featured designer this month.

"May Blooms" is the design for the Stitch This feature of the TSV newsletter.



Comments

Popular Posts