December 2017 V9 I12


As always, this is the time of year to reflect on those things dear to us and for which we give thanks. The members of The Stitchers’ Village are a constant on that list, for me. In the midst of total focus on my computer work, I received my first Christmas card in the mail and it was from a dear friend from TSV. So often, a small thing can have a meaningful impact. I will say, sincerely, that I truly appreciate all of you who make The Stitchers’ Village the best stitching community. 

I hope I can offer some fun for the upcoming 10th year of our Village home!! The ink-jet printer that I have next to my desk ran out of ink and I find that I have 3 color cartridges and no black cartridges. That could indicate several things and I am going to admit to a lack of order in my office at the present time. I love working with my computer and thoroughly enjoy a challenge while learning something new. 

For the past several months, I have been investigating and testing a new platform for the social area. Since the tech budget is low, I needed to do a lot of the research myself. The hosting company that I currently use is very helpful, but they do need to pay their employees and I was saving them some time and myself some billable hours. I have installed and uninstalled things so many times that it is laughable. I believe I have the basics down and will be having the experts test my creation. There are so many variables and things to consider. Hopefully, this will be ironed out in the next week. DH has been very considerate that I am off in my own little world on the computer studying the project.

The November drawing winner is Sarah W., MA, who will receive a complete set of the Legacy Patterns Christmas Village Ornament Series kits. $175 value

Comments

Popular Posts