September 2019 V11 I9

"Castle Wall" chart is in the 9/19 newsletter "Stitch This" feature
and also coordinates with the Mystery Stitch available in the community

September brings the Fall and along with it, my favorite color palette. I love the warm, Autumn colors. Holiday stitching picks up a bit for me, also. I do not stitch a lot of Halloween, but love making Christmas ornaments. I am working on a pillow for my Mother for her birthday. It is a needlepoint piece and I am stitching the background in a leaf stitch. I have quite a bit more of it done than the picture in the 9/19 newsletter, but had the image file on my computer. I am looking forward to visiting my local quilt shop to find the perfect fabric for the pillow. 

Since the last re-vamp of the Village community, the attendance there is down. I know it has been an irritant to learn the new format, but I wish some of our friends would return and give it a try. The format is very similar to FB, but without all the extra nonsense. Off-topic discussions and groups are certainly welcome, but the focus is needlework in all forms. The latest update created a “page” feature. I have added an example of how the pages might be utilized. I hope that you will come back and help to grow the community if you have not been there for a while or will join and help to continue the site as the best needlework community online. I know that many friendships have been formed there over the years. Please be a part of that tradition! 

An enticement in the form of a mystery stitch will be starting on September 9, when the first part of a 9 part design will be posted in the group “Mystery Stitch September 2019”. Please join and select a color palette to participate in this fun, quilt-inspired project. 

The August drawing winner: Kathy M., PA Prize: 2019 Collective Stitch Book

Comments

Popular Posts