December 2019 V11 I12


2019 TSV Ornament kit available through our shop shoptsv.com

Today kicks off the “Knotty & Nice 2019 December Holiday Event” in a group on the community web site. I am really happy with the 3 part Mystery Stitch design—the first has been posted today. Included in the text for the various activities, I bring attention to items for sale in the TSV Shop. A couple of months ago I made the decision to give Etsy a try as the platform for The Stitchers’ Village shop. The reasoning for this is that it was the most cost effective way to have a shop that offers the calculation of shipping charges. I have had problems configuring that for several years on the platform I was using. So, I hope you will consider looking at the offerings on the shop, “Favoriting” the shop if you use Etsy, and keeping an eye out for special items such as the 2019 Official TSV Ornament kit that is available in a very limited quantity. The kit includes the perforated paper, Threadworx 20 yard skein of cotton thread, and the Swarovski crystal beads. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TSVShop I have also formatted some of my original designs from Moonflower Designs, into pdf download files made available there. The images above are the front and back of the 2019 “official” TSV ornament. I chose to go with perforated paper as an experiment for this ornament as I wanted to see how it would finish, stitching the front and back together. I am happy with the result overall. It seems sturdy enough. It also made my work a bit easier than going to my sewing machine. I have been working to eliminate some of the clutter in my work room and have not yet cleared away the mess that process has created. I am in the middle of organizing fabric. To be specific, I have pulled all the fabric out of the cabinet it was in and am sorting to put it in containers that can be stacked easily accessed. My attention span is lacking at times, so this will not be complete any time soon!

The below chart is in the December 2019 Stitch This feature of the TSV newsletter as part of the Knotty & Nice Holiday Event.



Comments

Popular Posts