March 2020 V12 I3


Spring is almost here!! Hurrah!! March also brings the Nashville wholesale market. I have recruited a friend to accompany me as my lovely assistant and we will be on the road later this week to bring back new releases from our favorite cross stitch designers. I have featured a very few of these that have been promoted prior to market on the “Stash Finds” page (page 4) of the newsletter. I could have gone on for pages and pages, but have limited time as I am getting ready for my trip. I will be teaching a class at market to recruit shops for the Collective Stitch. If you have a brick and mortar cross stitch shop that you frequent, I hope that you will encourage them to participate if they do not already. This is the 5th year for the event. The theme is “Summer”, which will complete the season themes. Well, I suppose we could consider doing other “seasonal” themes such as Christmas, Halloween, etc., right? 

Stitching-wise, I have a new design about halfway stitched. I have not decided for certain on the name, but want to do a series of themed designs. This first one is Celtic themed. What can I call a group of motifs with the same style and number them such as “WORDs 1 - Celtic”. I need a word! I had one in the middle of the night a while back but could not remember it. Haha. Otherwise, I received the Blackbird Designs chart “Little Birds” from Attic Needlework (where it is an exclusive to their shop) along with the threads. I started that project with a few stitches and it is sidelined until I have my new design finished. I may take it along to market to stitch in the evenings. I have a bit of a short attention span and frequently switch back and forth between projects. Issues? I have a few! 

The February drawing winner: Paula W., NY Prize: Michael Powell “Woodland Hearts” chart The February Birthday drawing winner: Jennifer K., TX who will receive “Helix” from Stitchers’ Village Designs  

Comments

Popular Posts