February 2022 V14 I2


An ice storm last night had sleet hitting the windows on the North side of our house. Spring is on the way, but Winter is not quite over. It is a great opportunity for more stitching time! I have been making great progress on the WIP I resurrected when I sorted out my box. Those of you familiar with me know I am ever on a quest to be organized. Unfortunately, I have a large, unfinished area in my basement which houses inventory for the TSV shop, supplies for designing, and personal stitching stash from (I tried to put a number on my stitching years - 2022 minus 1980) long ago - oh my! I am making progress on the organizing. I went through my WIP box(es) and culled those I would never finish. I also pulled the one that I would most like to finish. This project is from a 1982 Vanessa Ann publication “Weatherbee Farm Quilting and Cross Stitch”. The design is “Magic Meadow Sampler”. The fabric I chose is crystal fog color from Picture This Plus. I have a bit more of this stitched than in the picture below and am enjoying the stitching of this greatly! I am left with a box of threads from rejected WIP along with some pieces of fabric with various amounts of stitching on them. I also cataloged and organized my personal books and kits. There are many “oldies but goodies” and of course, I will NEVER get them all stitched. I so enjoyed going through them, though!! 

A Stitch Along/Challenge has begun for 2022 

 There is a page posted in the Village community. Be sure to join in! stitchersvillage.com/village Details: In this 2022 SAL/Challenge we will have 3 prompts (words) to choose from. You can choose 1, 2 or all 3. Remember to have fun. The prompts (words) will be posted by the 15th of each month to give everyone a chance to get ideas and supplies together. Also a hint: Each month will always have a choice of the name of the month. This is not a contest and there won't be any prizes. This is to get us stitching and maybe get some of those WIPS completed. Please post all photos within the page itself - "not to the general feed". This keeps things organized. Our March prompt (word) SAL/Challenge choices are: 1. Stitch something that has the word March in it 2. Stitch something that has clover in it 3. Stitch something that has any shade of "green" in it The good news on these SAL/Challenge is your stitched piece doesn't have to be completed to post a pic. If you choose to stitch something with the word March in it and you complete the word March and you post a pic on the page, you are done with the SAL/Challenge. Have Fun! Did you know that registered members of The Stitchers’ Village community are welcome to host a stitching exchange, stitch along, challenge, etc? There are options for a page or group for any of these activities. The community is intended to be member driven so that you share your stitching in a way that makes you happy.  

Comments

Popular Posts