May 2022 V14 I5


May you all be having a great stitching Spring!! My current brainstorm is that I will create as many mystery bags as possible with the inventory I currently have on hand. I am working to catalog, sort, and price these treasures. If you came to my booth at St. Charles a few years ago or attended a retreat where The Stitchers’ Village was the shop, you may recall that these are a fun way to get some surprise items for your stitching stash! 

DH and I discuss downsizing quite frequently. The brick wall we hit is that we will have to actually do a move and clear out excess STUFF! I have a portion of the unfinished area of my basement dedicated to inventory. Is it organized? No. Am I trying to get it organized? Yes. Some years back I had a young woman who cleaned house for me. She volunteered to organize that area for me. I gave direction as well as I could. She did a great job. The one thing she did that was not helpful was separate foam core from the frames for which it had been cut. I now have a box of foam core and it makes me kick myself each time I go to find the correct pieces. Why did I not mention that when giving those instructions? Live and learn, right? In the years since, after attending shows, retreats, or searching for something, this area is back to a big unorganized jumble. That is what happens when you have a creative mind!!

Comments

Popular Posts