September 2017 V9 I9


I am completely mystified as to where the past week has gone. I had a virus and lost a little too much time being ill - well, sleeping. I believe that DH now has the bug and I imagine that will be much more traumatic for the household! Haha. 

I hope you are well and having a lot of time for stitching. I took a little time to regroup on my stitching lineup. I have a couple of projects that I would really like to finish. I am also dedicating some stitch time to my version of the 2016 Collective Stitch which I started on PTP veldt color fabric with the heading “2016 Autumn” and “Bless Our Village” - shown above. I will be giving a presentation to shops at Nashville market next Spring to promote the Collective Stitch and hope to have a good representation stitched. I am stitching the Rosewood Manor section now. I realize that I do not have a plan for the order or choice of the parts I will be stitching. Maybe I will do a random draw or something. There are so many that I like and don’t think my piece of fabric is long enough for all 19 of them. Next year will have a theme of “Winter” with the same size specifications as the 2016 “Autumn”. 

Have you tried the Sulky petite threads? They are 50 yard spools of 12 weight thread. There is no separating the strands - they are stitched as they come off of the spools. I am preparing a new project and plan to use these. I will report back when I get the project stitched. One thing I have learned is that I have a lot to learn. I attended my first retreat and was taught the pin stitch as a means of starting and stopping threads. This method of starting and ending threads came up in a discussion of stitching frames. I mentioned that I do not like floor frames for a number of reasons, one being the need to release and turn the project (not an issue with the Just A Thought frame as your frame does not attach). The pin stitch introduction is a wonderful example of how many things can be learned from fellow stitchers. This happens all of the time in the forum of The Stitchers’ Village. Friendships are forged and information is shared there!  

The Stitch This feature of the newsletter has "Black Cat Medallion" chart from a past TSV event.

Joyce G., MO. is the August drawing winner of a set of 3 charts from Elizabeth’s Needlework Designs“Land of the Free”, “Bluebird’s Song”, and “Shepherd’s Moon Cottage” 

Comments

Popular Posts