January 2011 - Tea Shoppe

 

The Stitchers’ Village is evolving to be a much more social place! The sense of community is growing in the social area. Members are navigating their way and sharing projects through photos they upload. Friendships are being formed by chatting and through discussions in the Forum. Members are sharing their knowledge and experiences of the common topic of needle art. Joining the Villagers, we have some wonderful designers and some very talented teachers. You may know that Janet Perry currently has a beginning needlepoint class in the School on The Stitchers’ Village. This month, Susan Greening Davis will begin a class. Her class will start January 15, 2011 and be available in the School. This is a new class format. You will be sent a class kit. A Discussion topic will be posted in the Forum for questions.

The December “’Tis The Season” event drawing winners are: From Sponsor Dinky Dyes Donna Urmstom From Sponsor Sullivans Linda Evans From Sponsor Threaded Needle Designs Tedra Raden From Sponsor Zweigart Joan Robertson From Sponsor X's and Ohs Suzanne Fernandes From Sponsor The Stitchers' Village Barb Norris

Article from a fellow Villager

Needle Place By Linda Henry 

If what I do is needleplay, then this is . . . My Needleplay Place My stitching place - my sanctuary, my castle, my cocoon, my place of peaceful solitude. A haven of needles and pins, of fabric and thread, of patterns and gadgets, some needleplay frames, and a rocking chair. Of inspiration - not expectation. A place that fosters confidence, acceptance, and a feeling of accomplishment. A place to be alone - not lonely - away from worries and demands. Spending time with all that draws me and is channeled through my hands. A place of some security, of quiet contemplation, of words and thoughts - uncensored, unfiltered, not judged. A place of quiet calm, serenity, not frustration; tranquility, not confusion. The place where I am me - the real one I am meant to be. I wear no mask. I don't pretend. I'm free to laugh. I'm free to cry. I don't have to justify. A humble place, a gentle pace. My stitching place - my sanctuary; my castle, my cocoon. A playground - of the stitching kind.

Comments

Popular Posts