June 2015 V7 I6


I have just returned from the Summer wholesale market and had the great pleasure to meet and visit with Patti Connor of SamSarah Designs. She has expanded her creative talents to a line of quilt fabric that is adorable. Just next door to our booth was Karen Kluba of Rosewood Manor and her new designs are gorgeous. This show is primarily yarn and knitting related products with representation from the needlepoint and counted thread vendors. The colors and creativity are unbelievable at market. We had a group excursion to the LNS Cross My Heart. It is always fun to visit a shop. I see charts and designers I have not seen before. She had some lovely large stitched pieces that I ask about. She said they were not charts that were available, they were a project some of her local stitchers had done which were personal samplers. They were a mixture of some designs from their favorite designers, favorite things, and some stitch sample type stitching. They were lovely. It reminded me of some gifts I made back in the 80’s. I would make what I called a compilation sampler. The favorite one that I made had “Woodland Welcome” from a book of welcomes, “Magic Meadow Sampler” from the Vanessa-Ann Collection, and I stitched the family name, and my name and date. I will have to get a picture of that one. I am possibly not remembering exactly. I do, however, have a WIP with the “Magic Meadow Sampler” which I want for myself and will ’someday’ get finished.


Comments

Popular Posts