August 2015 V7 I8

"Golden State" #11 in the Village Home Series from Stitchers' Village Designs
by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery

I hope you enjoyed the Summer Faire activity page. I am working on a version for Halloween and hope to have some spooky surprises for you. If anyone has suggestions, I am happy to work on incorporating them into the activities. I am a one-man-band here and really appreciate any brain storming and suggestions you might offer. Many thanks to The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery for their TSV exclusive “Summer” chart and to April Koenig for supplying the Summer Faire chart . We are back from our cruise to Alaska. It was a wonderful trip. I discovered the “Row by Row” quilt project. This is an amazing undertaking and I am impressed by the number of shops who are participating. The idea is that shops have a unique chart/kit that can only be obtained from them. You gather these as you travel and sew them into a personal travel quilt. I learned of it from some ladies in the needlepoint and coffee chat on the ship just prior to stopping in Skagway. I went to the Rushin’ Tailor Quilt Alaska shop in Skagway, AK for their “Ridin’ the Waves” kit which includes 2 laser cut whales, a moon and whale tail, along with the fabric. I also went into Abby’s Reflection Apparel and Quiltworks in Sitka, AK and got their chart “Sitka Sound Sea Dance”.

The Summer Faire Event was well attended and I would like to thank those who purchased the “Summer” chart from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The designers who help to support TSV are very much appreciated and I hope that you will look for other designs from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. Their charts are now being sold in printed form through needlework shops and they continue to have the mysteries on their site. http://www.thefrostedpumpkinstitchery.com. There were six entries in the Summer Faire ATC contest and exchange. Twig received 5000 Village Voucher Points and since there were so few entries, all the rest received 2500 VVP. The drawing winner was Pat R., who received 5000 VVP. There was one new Sampler Project section received and all who sent in a section since the beginning of the project were entered into a drawing with Rosie H. being the recipient of 5000 VVP, Linda H. (Joli) and Debbie C. (Busydebbie) both receiving 2500 VVP. 

Comments

Popular Posts