February 2016 V8 I2


I have no idea where the month of January disappeared to, but here we are in February. I can tell you that one week, for me, was spent in Denver. I have a friend who has a book store and we went to the American Bookseller Association meeting. This was a truly inspiring event, for me. The breakfast speakers were amazing. You may be familiar with Amy Cuddy who suggests standing in a “power pose” to gain a boost of confidence. She informed us that biological study has proven the physical change in hormones associated with confident posturing. Certainly worth a try. There were also two luncheons where we were assigned a table and in 15 minute increments the publishing representatives sat and promoted their new book releases. It was a great experience. 

There is a new exchange in the community for stitched cards. I have not put needle to fabric on one yet, but have ideas and hope to get at least one completed. I am stitching one new design and have a second ready to go as soon as I can get to it. So, when I sit down to stitch I have too many choices at the moment. I have found better way of organizing these. I have some fairly flat plastic containers with lids. I put all the materials for each project in one. My previous method was to, basically, just stack them on the table next to my stitching chair. I had some thread moments with that method. This way, I will avoid having threads confused between projects. This month is the first of four online needlework shows for 2016. The 1st through the 3rd are the open show dates. The show orders are for wholesale buyers only, but you can view the show and order from your favorite shop of TSV. Go to needleshow.com Future shows will be the 1st through the 3rd of April, August, and October!!

Rosewood Manor is our February featured designer. Karen Kluba has been a great supporter of TSV. Her design “English Garden” was the first design in the Village Home Series. She has provided a number of Christmas ornament designs for our past events. Some of the prizes for the bingo games in January will be charts from Rosewood Manor. Check the calendar for dates and times. The monthly drawing will be for a RM chart. See page 3 for drawing details Visit her site to see more designs from Rosewood Manor - http://rosewoodxstitch.com

Comments

Popular Posts