July 2016 V8 I7

"Hacienda" #7 in the Village Home Series from Stitchers' Village Designs
by Lindsay Lane Designs

I seem to be having a lot of “what day is this” lately. There must be too much going on for me to keep track. I posted the Christmas in July on the June calendar last month. I caught it quickly, but that I am still having time issues shows me that I need to get back on track. Wish me luck! Haha! I know a good portion of it was that I wanted to have everything perfect for the charts that went out to the shops participating in the Collective Stitch project. I sent out early to the shops so that they could let me know if the found any errors or had issues printing their charts. There were a couple of issues and a false alarm, but the event started yesterday and I have not heard of any others. That is a huge relief! 

Summer is flying by and I have also been packaging fabric for the two retail shows that I will be attending as a vendor with Picture This Plus fabric. The Needlework Galleria is October 6-8, 2016 in St. Charles, MO. The Spirit of Cross Stitch Festival is October 13-16, 2016 in Richmond, VA. The first show is in an Embassy Suites and the vendors set up in their rooms. It is a very vendor friendly way to do a show. The Richmond show is a convention floor show and is a bit more work to set up and does not allow access to your refrigerator and facilities as the other show format does. This will be the test for my lovely assistant - my husband - who is retiring this month and has a lot of enthusiasm for our road trips. Hopefully, they will be uneventful and we will have fun doing these first shows. That way, we can continue going to the shows. They are truly a lot of fun.  I look forward to seeing people and promoting The Stitchers’ Village at both shows!

Lindsay Lane Designs is our featured designer this month. Meg Puente is the designer and she created a design for the Village Home Series. “Hacienda” is shown below and was # 7 in the series. She has also done a design for Inspired Needle for the Collective Stitch project event “Sweet Autumn” is a beautiful addition to that sampler. Visit the designer web site: http://www.lindsaylanedesigns.com/

Comments

Popular Posts