September 2016 V8 I9

“Country Village Home” #9 in the Village Home Series from Stitchers Village Designs
by Margaret McKee Huey of Margaret and Margaret
 “My Village Home would be nestled among other homes in an old fashioned country village, with split rail fences, backyard gardens, flowers and birds. “

I have been blessed with two new Granddaughters this past month. Reyna and Camille kept me away from the office - ok, they make me completely forget about the office! With the first session of baby bonding done, I will get back to work. Just let me say that I love holding the babies and their little facial expressions while sleeping are so precious! I could stare at them all day! 

After the newsletter, I am finalizing the organization of the fabric that I will take to the two retail shows in October. I have it all packaged, but need to put it in alphabetical order. I have a record number of fabric orphans to take with me, also. I also have a plan for a little TSV Primer which will give some information on the Village site and what we offer. The wonderful friends there are the highlight of the site, for sure! I am hoping, however, to give a little direction on how to move around the site and the features offered there. Part of the retail show effort is to promote TSV and gain more members. I found some blank, perforated door-hanger cards with business cards. I printed them with a drawing entry as the bottom tear-away card and on the second card I printed a TSV membership card. I am looking forward to the fun of the shows, but not so much the work of the shows! 

I would like to have an activity page for Halloween, but may not have time to put that together. It may be a Christmas activity page this year. I have several volunteers working on completing a shop list for the site. I am planning a map with needlework shops and to also put the information into a pdf booklet. It is a big project and that is what has been occupying a portion of my time lately. I have been trying to figure out how to set the layout to make the data entry as easy as possible. You may or may not have heard of Joomla, which is similar to Wordpress. That is the platform currently used for the TSV site. I am learning to use it, but have by no means mastered it!

Margaret McKee Huey of Margaret & Margaret is our featured designer this month. Visit the designer webiste. margaretandmargaret.com

Below is a “Favorite Things” ATC exchange piece that I stitched showing a few of my favorite things - Celtic Knots and Scissortail Flycatchers. I used 22 count Hardanger fabric in “Meditation” color from Picture This Plus.  If you are not familiar with ATCs, they are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 cards artistically created and exchanged. For the Village purposes, they generally incorporate some form of stitching. There are exchanges from time to time in the Forum.



Comments

Popular Posts