October 2016 V8 I10

“Treasures” #10 in the Village Home Series. 
by Elizabeth Talledo of Dames of the Needle
“My Village Home would be a place where all the old and well loved treasures would live in harmony. I love to be surrounded by items that have previous owners. I am the designated family treasure holder. I own a wonderful two story colonial doll house that my aunt, my mother, myself, my brother, my daughter and my son have spent many hours playing with it. In my perfect village home I would have wonderful Weeping Willow Trees with creeks that make gurgling noises that you can take lazy afternoon naps to. It would have sheep and other animals roaming around the property. Inside the home the walls would be filled with an assortment of stitched pieces from every century that I could acquire. To make it the most perfect place on this earth, an ocean would need to be very close at hand. Long walks on the beach to collect lovely sea shells to grace my gardens would be a definite must. I hope you enjoy this piece and may your find your perfect Village Home.” 

We have arrived at October! Where has the year gone? I like the warm of Summer, but there is something wonderful about this time of year. The sunshine seems to take on a more golden hue. But maybe that is my imagination from working with the fall colors! I was up early this morning and had to go find some socks as my feet got cold sitting at my desk. The weather is turning cooler here. 

I hope to see some members at the shows I am going to this month. I met several last year at the Needlework Galleria in St. Charles, MO and am certain to see some of those ladies again, this year. The Spirit of Cross Stitch is a new show for me and it will be interesting to do a convention floor show again. It has been quite some time since I attended one and the set up for it is different than the hotel room set up. I hope I have all of it figured out!! I hope everything will all fit into my vehicle! Be sure to stop and say hello if you are at either of the shows! 

I am doing the “Stitch This” in conjunction with the October “drawing and contest” feature. I have put two pumpkin outline charts on that page and the contest is to stitch one of them with a face or decorated with any fabric, thread, embellishments, stitches, whatever and send me a picture by email before October 28th. I thought this would be a fun activity for some Halloween stitching. I love seeing the creativity from the talented members of TSV! 

Christmas is just around the corner and there is a stitch along in the forum for the 2016 JCS ornament issue. I love seeing the work done in the stitch alongs and exchanges. It is so inspiring and I have really been in the mood to do an ATC. Maybe we should do an ATC exchange in the form of a mini Christmas card.

Elizabeth Talledo of Dames of the Needle is our featured designer this month. Along with her lovely designs, Elizabeth has been dyeing - fabric, edgings, etc! Visit the designer blog. damesoftheneedle.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts