November 2016 V8 I11

Entries in the Pumpkin Stitching Contest

It was wonderful seeing TSV members at the two retail shows I attended in October. St. Charles did not offer the opportunity to visit as much as Richmond, but my lovely assistant and I had a great time at them both. There was a lot of interest in the Sampler Project and several people got sections of the band sampler fabric to stitch a section. By the time we got home we were ready for some down time and time with the grandchildren. 

I am working on an orphanage event for remaining orphan fabric and hope to have it online in the next week or so. I will also get back to work on the shop list project - I have a couple of states that have been covered and submitted by volunteers and will get those posted. The Collective Stitch event for 2017 is also on the “to do” list. 

I may have mentioned that I have received the first design already - from La D Da! So, that is one hint for the event next year which has a theme of “A Postcard From. . .”! 

Again, I am doing the “Stitch This” in conjunction with the November “drawing and contest” feature. I have put a star chart on page 3 and the contest is to stitch this with any fabric, thread, embellishments, stitches, whatever you can imagine and send me a picture by email before November 28th. I thought this would be a fun activity to create an ornament. I love seeing the creativity from the talented members of TSV! 

Christmas is just around the corner and there is a stitch along in the forum for the 2016 JCS ornament issue. There is also an ATC Holiday card exchange in the form of a mini Christmas card.

Comments

Popular Posts