December 2016 V8 I12

“Full of Friends”  #14 in the Village Home Series. 
by Jo Gatenby of X's and Oh's 
"My Village Home would be FULL OF FRIENDS. . . Which is represented here by the little girl with all her "teddy friends". For me, no home is complete without books (we have a 2-storey library in our own village home!), so, of course, I had to add some books to the scene. And, nothing is nicer in an old home that a big, comfy window seat where you can curl up with a good book, lots of cushions, and some cuddly friends - oh, and especially on a rainy day - what could be better? 

Happy, Happy Holidays to everyone!! This will be a short newsletter as I have been working on the December Days Page. Hopefully, you will visit the page and enjoy the spirit of the season with which it was created.  

It is truly hard to believe that another year has almost passed. 2017 will be another opportunity for stitching projects and the making of some resolutions. As I write that, I am thinking of my recent resolution to complete some of the WIP I have. There are some I would love to finish, frame, and hang on the wall! I will keep you posted, but I know from experience not to make any promises. I think I posted my mermaid some time back. She had a brief moment in the light, but was returned to the WIP “group” as I moved on to creating projects for the “Stitch This” feature of the newsletter. The container holding those is directly behind me and has my attention. I brought it out of the dark corner where I had it stashed to organize and be honest about what I will finish and what I probably will not finish. 

As another year approaches, I also think about goals for The Stitchers’ Village. When I get discouraged, it always seems someone comes forward to tell me how much TSV means to them and to thank me for continuing the site. So, the plan for 2017 is to continue to provide a home for needlework friends on the www and to enjoy their company in the TSV community!! As always, your input is greatly appreciated. If there is something you would like to see on The Stitchers’ Village, just let me know!

X’s and Oh’s is our featured design company this month. Designer website. www.xs-and-ohs.com/

Comments

Popular Posts