January 2017 V9 I1


We always say “I don’t know where the time goes”, and here we are at the start of a new year. Some of us are making our resolution list. I do not make them, as a rule, but after considering what mine would be, started last week to remedy my “flaws”, or rather, work to improve those things that may need a bit of attention. Honestly, the main issue for me is to stay on task. That sometimes means, just pick a task and complete it! Obviously, I am at my computer a lot. Having so much at my fingertips can be a bit distracting!! For instance, I was going through my WIP pile and came across a project I started from a “vintage” book. The designer is Holly Cherie Barbo and the book is “Nature’s Reflections” published by Pegasus Originals, Inc. The copyright date in the book is 1988. Is anyone familiar with this designer? Maybe there should be a “where are they now” feature on TSV! Any information or questions that anyone has on a favorite designer who we have not seen recently, let me know! 

Clicking through the drawing entries to read the comments is always an encouraging task. The feedback is appreciated and helps to reinforce the spirit intended for The Stitchers’ Village. The core intent is for stitchers to have a place to connect with fellow enthusiasts online and to find information relevant to needlework. There are numerous sites to visit and your presence on TSV is greatly appreciated. As always, your input is important!

The December Days drawing winner was Valerie S. from MI. She will receive a Christmas Village Ornament Kit! The January drawing entry deadline is 1/31/17 and will be for fabric orphan “Tobi” - 32 count linen color shown at right.

Comments

Popular Posts