April 2017 V9 I4

"Take it E-sea" by Silver Creek Samplers

Since the last newsletter, my Granddaughter, Harper, turned three and spent last weekend at my house. I cannot resist sharing with you. We saw a commercial with a whale and she said, “Look, a whale” and I told her that I have seen a whale. She asked, “When you were a mermaid?” I also got a big chuckle when she and Grandpa were playing hide and seek. She counted and then said “Here I come, or not”. Just one word left out really makes a difference. I realize the gift of grandchildren is that you have the time to give them your complete attention. 

In the new category in the groups, “Stitch University”, I have posted a new stitch study pdf under “files”. If you have the time to try the variations and post a picture, it is interesting to see different thread colors on different counts of fabric. Please join the study group. 

I have been working to organize my studio-office. Part of this task is going through my WIP and deciding if I would, really, ever finish them. I made space in the storage cabinet intending to sort and cull and order them. I found two, particularly, that I want to finish and will post photos if, and when, they are complete. Otherwise, the container that holds the majority of them fit perfectly on the shelf in the cabinet. So, in my typical fashion, I put the task off until another day. 

My heart has not been into much of anything these days. Partially, due to annual Winter “blahs” and partially due to the impending trial related to the murder of my sister in 2015. We were consulted on a plea bargain and it was done and finalized in a hearing last month. This has given some relief as I was dreading the trial and evidence to be presented there. However, it is also sad to know that our legal system is a bit off-kilter. I completely agree with the rights of the accused. There are cases, however, when there is no question of guilt. When the system is then used in an attempt to minimize punishment, it is, in my opinion, wrong. When arrested, this person asked for an attorney and then confessed before the attorney arrived. The confession was then called into question by the defense team and they made a motion to have it excluded from evidence. The judge denied the motion, but it opened the door for future appeals of the case. The sentencing will be on June 5. I am preparing a statement for that hearing. The judge does not have a lot of room to add time to the sentence, but we will ask for the sentence to be as long as possible.

Silver Creek Samplers is the featured designer this month

The March drawing winner is Dee W., IA, who will receive a Workbasket “March Quaker Band” Kit

Comments

Popular Posts