July 2017 V9 I7


This edition of the newsletter will be a short one. I have just finished the publication for the 2017 Collective Stitch cross stitch event and am ready to be away from my computer. I am sure it is not just me, but it seems that when I have an important job to do on my computer, the computer decides to update or act up or some such. I thought I was being so clever and waited to start the book until all the charts were out to the shops. That way, any potential mistakes would be caught. I proof read and proof read these things, but inevitably miss something. So, I got the book put together and printed out the first draft to look it over one final time. I corrected anything I thought needed correction and started the first print run on the first batch. Good thing I looked. The software decided it did not like the image file format I had used. Of course, I did not know that to be the issue and spent a couple of hours trying to figure out the problem. The last step in that was a call to tech support. They informed me not to use tif files and I had to convert them all to jpg files and start again. I got a few printed and noticed that one symbol on one chart was missing. So, I had to reprint that page and change it out in those I had printed. Cross my fingers that I did not make any other glaring mistakes. The page 2 of the newsletter shows all of the designs that are part of the 2017 Collective Stitch. I hope that you are able to make it to at least one of the shops who are participating. If not, please let your LNS know that the theme for next year is “Winter” and will be the same size as the 2016 project. So, that being said, I hope everyone has a wonderful July with lots of stitching. I plan to be at my computer and online for fun things in the Village only!! Hope to see you there!

Included in the newsletter this month is "Oddwood Inn" an attempt at a design with a little twisted humor!



Comments

Popular Posts