August 2017 V9 I8


I had the great pleasure of an Alaskan cruise last month. We have been there, before, but this trip was particularly good. I love to take pictures and I have a lot of pictures from the trip. Above are a few examples of the wildlife and scenery that we saw. I went on more of the offered tours and did not have the opportunity to wander in the ports this time, but I did make it to the Whale’s Tail quilt shop in Ketchikan. I found a bit more raven print fabric that I had purchased in the Alaska shops on my last trip. Some day I will make a wall hanging or something with it. 

August is the last month of the Collective Stitch and some of the shops are having events in their shops. Brick City Cross Stitch in Ocala, FL had designer Cheryl Granda of Glendon Place designs in for a book signing this past weekend. I hear they had a great time. Please be sure to let me know if you collected any of the designs and post pictures in the Village when you stitch them. 

The Kansas Stitchers are having a retreat in Valley Falls this weekend at The Barn Bed & Breakfast. I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. This will be the first stitching retreat I have attended. I am thinking I will take the Shepherd’s Bush “Harvest of Plenty” kit. The design area is 5” x 8”. That is doable in a weekend retreat, right? We shall see, as I also have a little “work” that I am taking along. I have some fabric orphans from PTP that I will be selling

Comments

Popular Posts