October 2017 V9 I10


This month will feature a fabric “orphan adoption” event on the 21st. Watch for details in the midmonth email. These orphans are OOAK (one of a kind) from Picture This Plus fabrics. They are orphans because they do not match any of the colors in the regular PTP line and will most likely not be available again. They happen when there is a hiccup in the dye process. All are approximately 18”x27” and are priced slightly less than the regular fabric colors. The adoptions are on a first come, first served basis, so be sure to be ready to go when the adoption goes “live”! 

As is usual, I am stitching several things - the first design for the 2018 Collective Stitch (Winter Theme) from Rosewood Manor, a banner of the 2016 Collective Stitch Autumn designs, a small design for a Christmas card, and a kit from Shepherd’s Bush “Harvest of Plenty” that I started at the retreat in August. Of course, I have a number of WIP that are in the holding bin that I truly want to finish . . . someday. I realized yesterday that my favorite part of a project is the kitting - picking the fabric and pulling the threads. I am doing some self analysis on this because I really do like to stitch, but, for me, there is something very satisfying about putting all the pieces of a project together. Must be that I am an optimist to think I will get them done some time in the future! LOL! 

There are three new shops that have signed up for the 2018 Collective Stitch! The event is growing! That is exciting news, for sure. There are also some company sponsors joining the event and this means some awesome prizes will be available for next year!!

Comments

Popular Posts