April 2018 V10 I4

The chart for this is included in the April 2018 newsletter

One of the organizers of the Kansas Stitchers’ Retreat has also organized a Tuesday stitch group at my LNS. I have attended, now, several times and thoroughly enjoy seeing the projects and visiting. I knew I would not be able to stay to stitch for long, yesterday, but wanted to stop by to visit and have lunch. I had to chuckle to myself when I sat down and was asked “Do you cross stitch?” The reason this amused me is that I was asked that same question by the same person at the retreat last Summer - with the question being phrased then as “Do you actually stitch?” In fairness, I was representing TSV and had items for sale (mainly PTP fabric orphans), so she may have thought I was just a merchant attending the retreat for sales. My point in sharing this is that I may need a public relations make-over to declare that I do, indeed, stitch! 

Computer work frequently shortens my time for stitching, but I stitch when I have the time. I have been stitching since the late 70’s. No, since the 60’s, as I taught myself to crochet when I was a kid. While typing that, I realize that some of my stitching is model stitching which can sometimes feel like work. I enjoy stitching my own designs, but can sometimes fret that I should change this or that and can be hard on myself about what I decide. I have the Chatelaine “Scotland Sampler” in my floor stand calling to me, now, as I have not put a stitch to that in quite a while. (Considering we are at the start of April, it may be mocking me at this point!)

The March drawing winner is Carolyn L., MO who will receive “Bluebird’s Nest” from Heart in Hand, “Overheard in an Orchard” from Glendon Place, and “Miss Lucy Calcutt 1825” from Just Stitching Along.  

Comments

Popular Posts