June 2018 V10 I 6

Sulky of America is a sponsor of the Collective Stitch event.  
View the line by clicking HERE

I am seriously worn out. My computer crashed two weeks ago during a Windows update. I was able to save my files, but all the software that was installed will need to be re-installed. I have already installed those needed to complete work on the Collective Stitch project. I am finalizing the book for this year. The stress of the crash may be more than I can overcome. It has really set me back and disrupted my work flow. Ironically, my nephew had told me the week before to upload all my files. I did my pictures, but knowing how long that took, I decided to wait until I had the Collective Stitch done. I finished the last document to send to the shop and got a message saying that Windows needed to shut down to update. Then it would not restart. No fun! The repair guy told me they were able to get it to restart and I assumed that meant it was just as it had been. NOT!! I had all these generic icons and no programs. 

Today is the start of the Collective Stitch event. The theme for this year is “Winter” and there are 23 participating shops. Visit the participating shops to receive a complimentary cross stitch chart designed for the event. Each shop has a unique design. The sponsors are Just Cross Stitch magazine and Sulky of America. Just Cross Stitch is giving 3 subscriptions as prizes in the final drawing. Kelly, from Sulky, has been inspired to increase the prizes they are awarding. The grand prize is a complete set of the petites cotton threads which come in two slimline boxes. Two more prizes will be given by Sulky - 2 sets of 80 cotton petites threads in slimline boxes, each one will have half of the line. These are in addition to the set of 10 threads that are being donated to each shop to award as a prize in-house. Each participating shop will have a sign up sheet for the drawings that will be held at the end of the event August 31. 

The May drawing winner is Thomas P, PA, who will receive a LE chart from Hands Across the Sea. The 44 page booklet “Sarah Braizear 1829 The 2018 Queen of the May” is a Limited and Special Edition celebrating the kings and queens of Great Britain.

Comments

Popular Posts