March 2019 V11 I3


A very disappointing start to March - even though Spring is on the way. I made my reservations for the Nashville wholesale needlework market as soon as the hotel opened up the block of rooms last year. I was scheduled to fly out on March 1 and return on March 4. We have had more snow and colder temperatures than normal, this year. I had my fingers crossed, but to cancel without penalty, I had to make a decision on going or not by February 27. So, the weather report was such that I did not attend market. We had blizzard-like conditions here over the weekend and on Monday, when I would have been travelling home, the wind chill was 20 below zero or something ridiculous like that. I really missed seeing everyone and all the new products!! I do get some new release emails and have dedicated this issue to showing some of the new designs. As always, there are a lot of lovely new releases! 

Personally, the past few months have been emotional. Last Fall, my Mother and Step-father, who were still living in their home, looked at retirement apartments and even moved into one for a short time. My Step-father, who had fallen a few times without injury, was admitted to the hospital and then to a nursing facility, the beginning of January. My Mother returned to their home. My Step-father passed away early yesterday morning. It was very sad to see the seemingly sudden decline and to realize that he would not be with us for long. He was determined to regain his strength and return home. Even though she knew it was a possibility, it is very difficult for my Mother to deal with. Hopefully, it will get easier for her. So, do not put off the visits to elderly loved ones. There is no way to know how long they will be with you. 

The Collective Stitch cross stitch event is coming together. The 2019 corporate sponsors: Just Cross Stitch Magazine and Sulky of America. We also have added a Canadian shop and designer. That is exciting, right? collectivestitch.com for information. The 2019 participant list will be posted soon. You can see the past designs on the web site. The 2019 theme is Spring to coordinate with the 2016 Autumn and 2018 Winter set of designs. The design size is the same at 84w x 56h. This month’s “Stitch This” is a prelude to the June 1 through August 31 event!!

The February drawing winner: Prize: Michael Powell “House of Hearts” chart (includes buttons). 

Comments

Popular Posts