June 2019 V11 I6


June is the start of the Collective Stitch cross stitch event. This is the fourth year for the event and there are 22 participating shops. Visit any of these shops to receive a complimentary cross stitch chart. All designs have a Spring theme and a similar size. The event is advertised as a shop hop, mystery stitch and treasure hunt all rolled into one. I have been asked to what the “treasure hunt” refers. It is my opinion that all of the charts represent cross stitch treasure and the list of participating shops is a sort of treasure map. I am asking any fellow Villagers who use social media, to help spread the word about the Collective Stitch. The Facebook page is facebook.com/collectivestitch and the web site is collectivestitch.com. I know that this newsletter is all about the CS event, but I have been working on this non-stop lately, so it is on my mind. I will confess to you that I was happy that I had not stepped in to fill a designer spot this year. I wanted to create a couple of designs for publication in the newsletter. It turned out that one was needed and I very quickly created “Colorado Spring”. I did not have the time to make the bird as realistic as I would have liked. So, forgive me if it seems simplistic. Maybe I should start working on some “Summer” designs now for next year’s event!!

The May drawing winner: Sharon M., NM Prize: 2 new Rosewood Manor charts “Dandelion Wishes” and “Hello Moon!”


Comments

Popular Posts