July 2019 V11 I7

"Helix" from Stitchers' Village Designs

I spent time in Florida, last month, with my youngest daughter’s family. A few of the nights, I babysat her 1 and 2 year old children. There is a huge difference between visiting and being in charge of your grandchildren! I love them to pieces, but they make me realize very clearly that I am not as young as when I had my children. 

I was trying very hard not to say “I am old” there, haha, but I am as old as I have ever been!! I am happy to announce the upcoming release of a new design “Helix”. Some of my first designs were based on the fabric color name of the Picture This Plus fabric used for the design. I have returned to that for some of my recent designs and am having a great time with the creative process. Included in the chart is a small design that shows my first concept after researching “helix”. It really made no sense as a stand-alone design, so I set it aside. I picked up that piece of helix fabric with the original stitching, gave it a bit of thought, and adapted the idea to a Celtic design (which is also what some of my first designs were). I am also using the “Helix” chart, combining it with a batch of orphan fabrics all very similar, and using different threads for a special Limited Edition Kit “Celtic Mist”. These will be available as soon as the threads arrive. I hope everyone is having a great Summer so far!!

The June drawing winner: Donna T., NC Prize: 2019 Collective Stitch Book

Comments

Popular Posts