January 2020 V12 I1


Happy New Year! If any of you remember the song with lyrics that say “in the year, 2525”, it may make sense to you that 2020 sounds impossibly futuristic! But, that may just be my mind. I also had an issue, when I turned 59, and I was born in 1959, for some reason my first mathematical reaction was “wait, am I one hundred years old”. That may not make sense to others, but be a symptom of distracted thinking. Ok, I also think I am funny - you can make your own observation of that one. 

The Stitch This feature of the current newsletter is a snowflake chart.

One of the Collective Stitch shops suggested to me that I start a Floss Tube broadcast. I have given that thought and decided, for now, that I will sponsor a currently running channel that is called “Fiber Talk”. The first broadcast that TSV will sponsor is from Attic Needlework in Mesa, Arizona. The host of the show will be in the shop January 3 at 7:00 p.m. Central Time. To view the show, visit the Fiber Talk Floss Tube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevxPfHnmT2wK9fxJL_E5-g if that link does not work, go to Youtube.com and search for Fiber Talk. Honestly, I have not viewed or participated in one of these, so if you decide to view it, I will see you there and we will figure it out together. If you do not read the newsletter prior to the event, then you may want to “subscribe” to their channel to see the archived episodes and to see us there in the future! 

I am working on a series of new designs from The Stitchers’ Village Designs and will make an announcement when the first is available. I would like to have started this series this month, but times flies. . .

The December drawing winner: Eleanor J., FL Prize: a Rosewood Manor “Be Creative Cookbook & Cross Stitch” 

Comments

Popular Posts