February 2020 V12 I2


It is “hearts and flowers” month and this month the color challenge design is based on the heart you see above. This is the graphic for the heart container in the video game “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”. I have been a long time video game player. If you are, also, you might remember the original games that were text only, like “Zork”. Most of my game play in recent years has been Mario games. I was determined not to purchase the new game console just to play the new Mario game, so I went in search of something else to play. Thanks to the local Gamestop employee who directed me to BOTW, I discovered the latest game play experience. I did not like the games where you had to follow the story line and path, for the most part, through the game. This game is open world and you can run around to your heart’s content! There are shrine puzzles to solve and enemies to either outsmart or fight (which is not my favorite thing to do). I know that is way off topic, but it is one of my relaxation activities. 

Also, the Stitch This February 2020 chart is a heart container inspired by the ones above.

One month closer to Spring!! Winter certainly can give me the blues and now that the days are getting longer, I have renewed energy!! There is always a lineup of things I would like to stitch or finish stitching. I received fabric yesterday that I am hoping will work for one of my new designs. I am, now, looking at thread options, which is one of my favorite/least favorite things. It is one of my favorite things because there are so many beautiful threads to consider. It is one of my least favorite things because there are so many beautiful threads to consider that I have a hard time making a decision. 

I am working on several new designs along with getting the 2020 Collective Stitch shops finalized. If you have a LNS who has not participated, please request them to be a 2020 Collective Stitch shop. They have until April 1 to recruit a designer and have the designer create a design based on the current theme and design size requirements and submit the design to me. I have received three of the 2020 designs already and have seen a mock-up of a fourth. Summer is the 2020 theme!!


Comments

Popular Posts