April 2020 V12 I4

"Home 2020" is the Stitch This chart on Page 4 of the 4/20 newsletter


Times have taken a strange turn for the world. I hope everyone is staying well and adjusting to isolation due to social distancing. We have one positive and may consider ourselves fortunate, in that we can occupy our time with our stitching projects. I have completed several pieces lately. One is a new design that is being offered as a mystery stitch and the other is the “Stitch This” chart on page 4 of the newsletter. I have had this Threadworx thread - 1154 for a while and have wanted to try it out. I picked up a piece of “Scuppernong” fabric from Weeks Dye Works at the Nashville market and this is how it turned out. (at right) April showers = rain = rainbows!! I thought it appropriate for April with the rainbow thread. You may not be able to read that, but it says “there is no place like home 2020. It has half of the lower case alphabet on top and half on bottom. The four corner motifs are my rendition of the virus which is keeping us all at home. I like the way the thread colors look in the satin/ straight stitching. 

I am planning to try a bingo game on Zoom. If you would like to participate, you have to request your official TSV Bingo Card or get yours out if you already have one. We certainly have time and opportunity. Watch for a notice in the Bingo group in the Village community. I feel this will give us a better experience that the chat we have been using. We need to get together one way or another!!  

The March drawing winner: Diane D., IL Prize: “Shepherd’s Pie” from Plum Street Samplers The March Birthday drawing winner: Valerie A., AZ will receive the same.

Comments

Popular Posts