August 2020 V12 I8


Coffee? Check. Computer on? Check. Concentration? THERE is the problem! I have sat down to complete the newsletter ten times, at least. My household was thoroughly upset on Sunday, July 26, at 5 a.m. DH had complained of indigestion before bed. He woke at 2 or so coughing. At 5 a.m. he had shaking chills and could not get out of bed to get to the car to go to the ER. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital. As you may know, only the patient can go to the hospital emergency room. Fortunately, he tested negative for Covid but had pneumonia. He is feeling much better, but not back to normal. It was terrifying when he was wheeled out of the house to think it could possibly be the last time I saw him. Apparently, this could be the cause of anxiety and interference with my concentration. So, short and sweet for the August newsletter! 

During the Needle Games last month, we held a Zoom get together each evening. I really enjoyed our visits and even had a special guest one evening, Karen of Rosewood Manor! So, I will schedule these monthly, at least, and if the group chooses, we can have them weekly. Join me on Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 7 p.m. Central Time. The meeting information is on page 2 of the newsletter. 

The “Stitch This” on page 3 is a design used in a birthstone kit I offered many years ago. The idea to use this chart was inspired by August being my birth month. Also inspired by this is the date of the first “Thread Tale” talk. Hope to see many of you for that event. 

Above is a picture of the Biscornu I made from the Needle Games chart. It is the first time I have attempted to make one and The Tiny Modernist’s tutorial was the inspiration that made me feel I could make sense of it! https://www.tinymodernist.com/pages/biscornu

The July drawing winner: Sherri B., TX Prize: a surprise mini stash bomb package 

Comments

Popular Posts