January 2021 V13 I1

 


Happy New Year! What was the last needlework project you started in 2020? What about finish? I started a fawn picture which is a needlepoint canvas from the art of Charley Harper. I got this from Homestead Needlearts along with the Vineyard Silk threads for the project. I chose to do a leaf stitch for the background. I finished the stitching and made it into a pillow for my Mom who moved to an apartment recently. This was my last finish for 2020. My last start of 2020 is the “H” fairy from Nora Corbett. As of this writing, I only have the beads left to attach. I changed the colors from yellow to pink on the fairy’s dress and the beads and used “arbor” color fabric from Picture This Plus. 

I am offering a 12 part series in the newsletter this year as the “Stitch This” feature. It was a tough decision to choose the topic. I am FULL of ideas and may make one of the others into a 4 part quarterly series. There are just too many choices and time allows for one at a time, unfortunately.

January Birthday Drawing prize goes to: Jamie F., OH 


Comments

Popular Posts