April 2022 V14 I4


The April newsletter features the first in a four part series of a “Summer Sampler” design. The April through July newsletters are actually being created together after a hiatus due to a much needed break. I have been stitching and continue to work on the “Magic Meadow” sampler which is a vintage WIP. I, of course, have also started the Nora Corbett letters for my three youngest granddaughters: N-R-C. I can not count the times I have given myself a pep talk and sat in front of my computer trying to put together these newsletters. 

At my stitching group this Spring, one of my co-stitchers had a spool of Anchor floss. I was intrigued as we have all had issues with storing threads. Sulky has a line of cross stitch thread on spools, but it is one ply the thickness of two strands and that is wonderful, but not for all fabric counts. So, off to my local hobby store to gather some samples to try. After playing around with the threads, I conclude that YES! I like them. While they may be a bit bulky if you are working on a project with a lot of colors, the fact that they do not tangle as skeins are likely to do makes them worthy of the investment. I use shallow plastic storage boxes for my current stitching projects by my main stitching chair. The standing spools with the numbers showing make sense to me. I know there are some conversion charts out there - maybe TSV will work on updating that particular one!!

Comments

Popular Posts