July 2022 V14 I7


Not much stitching happened during July! I have been working on “Prairie Birds” from The Prairie Schooler. I have completed 2 and working on the Hummingbirds.

DH and I GOT IT! July was mostly a blur for me. It began well with our granddaughter visiting and watching fireworks in the evenings around our neighborhood. In the middle of the month, DH did not feel quite right. We had our handy-dandy home test kits which showed negative. He woke up one morning with an awful sounding cough, sore throat and a headache and we went in to get him tested officially since the home tests still showed negative. He was positive for the virus. Two days later, I woke up with a sore throat and progressed to my sinuses hurting so badly that I could not lie on my side with my face touching the pillow. The next day I was in bed for the majority of it and that night I was ready to crawl to the front door, unlock it, call 911, and lie there until they came for me. I had tried sleeping on the bed, several different chairs, the sofa, the floors in various rooms. I was miserable!! Yes, we are both vaccinated and double boosted. If that prevented us from getting “really sick” - WOW!! 

The July 2022 newsletter concludes the 4 part Summer Stitch chart!

Comments

Popular Posts